Interested in hip hop, journalism, or poetry? Then, READ ON!
Tulsa City-County Library (TCCL) and Louder Than a Bomb-Tulsa (LTAB-Tulsa) have partnered to offer the LTAB-Tulsa Saturday Series. These are daylong workshops rooted in the crafts of poetry, creative writing, spoken word performance, and new journalism. Each workshop runs on Saturdays from September 2013 to June 2014 at one of our main branches with a set of culminating opportunities involving publication and portfolio development.
The Saturday Series includes:
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. “Tulsa Voice Project” New Journalism instruction led by media professionals from The Tulsa World, This Land Press, Urban Tulsa, Oklahoma Eagle and more!
- 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. “Check the Method” offers high quality instruction in poetry, spoken word performance and creative writing – with teaching artists from Tulsa, OKC and Chicago. Participants can expect to explore a variety of styles and forms of poetry, spoken word & creative writing.
- LTAB-Tulsa Saturday Series are safe spaces, meaning no racist, sexist, homophobic or anti-group language will be allowed.
- Saturday Series locations ROTATE every Saturday to one of our main branches north, south, east and west. Please check the schedule in the attachment below!
- Though frequent attendance is applauded, it is NOT necessary to attend every workshop. Each one will offer stand-alone instruction. Participants can choose to attend either morning journalism classes, or the afternoon creative writing classes…or both! Drop-ins welcome.
- Although the programs are targeted towards a teen base, people of all ages are welcome at these workshops.LTAB-Tulsa Saturday Series are FREE!